Sunday, August 4, 2013

Feeling Blessed

Summer. Glorious Summer. It could have been disastrous ... we went in completely without a plan. We did this on purpose...we were feeling like we needed a break from schedules, a break from sports. We decided not to sign up for camps or anything. Our only plan was our annual lake vacation. So I was nervous that they would be bored, or watching too much tv or getting on each others last nerves. And that has happened on occasion. But for the most part it has been amazing. With the age spread of my kids I was worried that they would want to be in different directions all the time. But that hasn't really happened. And we discovered something...they still want to be with us! We have had tones of time as a family...I feel like this has been such a gift. We were able to cross lots of things off our Summer bucket List...

We hiked the Flume Gorge:

Canobie Lake Park:




Water Country:



Grampa's pool...so much time at Grampa's pool...




I watched my boys have so much fun with each other...





And my little fish...


and her BFF...

We mini golfed...


which included a family selfie;)



And we climbed trees...


and made fairy houses...

and had tea parties...


It has been quite perfect.

And now we have 3 weeks left. We are winding down. We are starting to think about school. Max is looking at sneakers online. Ally keeps changing her mind on what she wants to wear the first day. And Brandon is working on his golf swing for golf team. We're getting ready. We still have a few more things to check off our list but I definitely think we have made the most of it. To me this has been one of the most memorable summers. I did not expect to have the time with my boys that I had. I did not expect to have the time as a family that we had. It was a gift and I feel so incredibly blessed.









1 comment:

  1. amazing photos of what looks like an absolutely perfect summer! :)

    ReplyDelete