Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've Been Without My Camera...

I sent my camera off to get cleaned about a week ago. I had no idea how much it was going to cost until the emailed they estimate to me...yowza! I had no idea how much that cost! So I told them to send it back uncleaned:(

But the good news is that it is back which means I could take pictures of the layouts I have been working on!

I'll share one today because this one deserves a post of its own. On Saturday night Ally swallowed a ring. I had put her and her friend to bed (she was having a sleepover) and a few minutes later she came out in a panic choking on a ring...very scary! She swallowed it down after a few seconds but said she could still feel it...so off to the ER we went. I was fully expecting them to tell us it would come out the other end in a few days but after they took an xray they said it was stuck in her esophogus and would need to be taken out. They said there was no one that could do it at that hospital so they were sending us to Boston Children's Hospital, about an hour away.

It was scary...we thought she was going to need to be put under anesthesia ...but long story short the ring had moved to her stomach by the time we got to Boston and we were sent home to wait it out on the other end. Not fun, but a best case scenario for the situation.

I had my iphone with me so I took some pics while we waited. She kept wanting to look at the picture of her xray:) Here is the layout I made:

And we still have not seen the ring:(

1 comment:

  1. oh how SCARY!
    hope it comes OUT, sheesh!
    I think they should x-ray her stomach and make sure it's not sitting in there?!
    so scary, glad she is okay!
    tara

    ReplyDelete