Monday, February 2, 2015

Around Here | January 2015

I am going to attempt a sort of monthly recap of family happenings here on the blog. I will be doing this mostly just for me to remember but I am thinking that if I keep up with it I am may end up making some sort of mini album at the end of the year. Not sure how yet, if it will be handbook or Project Life style or a smaller mini book with photo collages…we'll see:)

Here is what went on around here in January…

Alli and I started the year just like last year at the American Girl store for their Girl of the Year event. The difference this year is that she had gotten some money from her Grampa for Christmas and bought herself the new doll!

She is head over heals for this doll and it has completely renewed her love of American Girl dolls. She has spent most of her free time this month playing with her dolls. 


She set up a whole market one day…complete with hair salon, clothing store, and of course a bakery for Grace…

And she loves to play family with them, pretending they are all sisters:)

I love watching her play (and playing with her:)).

Al and I were able to get away for a long over due night away…we went to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun and hit the slots!



Alli also turned 9! She requested a room full of balloons and dinner at Margarita's so she could get sung to and get a sombrero:)




Her friend party was awesome…at a place called Girls at Work, INC. They work with power tools and made peg racks…they had a fantastic time!




January always brings lots of basketball with it. Max is having a great undefeated season on his school team. Some pics his friend's dad took…I have yet to get my camera to a game…


And his Winter AAU team is also going strong…only two losses during the season. Max is playing some really great basketball…


And finally, during the last week of January, winter decided to show up…


Doesn't everyone roller blade around the house during a blizzard?? We go close to 3 feet of snow in 24 hours…crazy! School was closed for 2 days.

This girl was pretty happy about it…

And as I type we are in the middle of another snowstorm…we've gotten another foot today and school was closed once again…but I guess that is a story for February:)







No comments:

Post a Comment